UST Languages Center
The English Language Center will be constituted within the University of Science and Technology as a unit under the administration of the Vice President of the University. It will also work in close cooperation with the various departments and faculties of the University to encourage students to develop their English language skills. These skills support their academic and professional life. The Centre will offer a number of English courses for academic and special purposes in addition to a range of elective courses. These courses will meet the needs of university students in different disciplines and colleges, as well as other courses and training courses that serve the university and community simultaneously.
The main objectives and missions of the UST Languages Center:
- The center will be handling the summer courses for the new students of the first year.
- Conducting training courses for the graduates and preparation courses for the IELTS exam.
- The center will be in charge of the English courses in all the faculties of the university.
- Reviewing all English language curricula at the university and amending any curriculum that needs to be modified by the center.
- Supporting the UST certificate with remarkable teachers and participating in the preparation of the courses for the UST certificate.
- The center will be in charge of the translation of the UST official website.