Distance Learning Center
In order to achieve the university’s mission in disseminating science and knowledge, keeping pace with the information and communication technology revolution and the development it has brought in all fields, and to activate digital resources and systems, the University of Science and Technology established the Learning and Distance Learning Center to work on providing electronic systems, interactive courses and digital resources for the university’s faculties and various departments to achieve the optimal use of information and communication technology in the educational and training process.
The center works to create a suitable environment for distance education and the use of information and communication technology in the educational process at the university. This is achieved by learning systems, interactive courses, developing electronic contents and digital resources in order to be linked to the life of the student and the professor. The center also works on designing education and training courses that contribute to electronic training and post education for public and private sectors and for individuals from outside the university.
Objectives of the Center
The center seeks to fulfill the following objectives.
- Manage distance learning and electronic education and training.
- Publishing distance learning applications in the university in accordance with quality standards.
- Building an interactive electronic learning and training environment which is accessible at the university’s webpage on the internet.
- Developing academic courses and convert them into electronic courses as well as assisting in publishing them.
- Create and update courses, making the accessible students and researchers at the university,
- Continuous training for faculty academic members and students to benefit from the services provided by the electronic learning
- Provide remote and electronic training services for university students to increase the efficiency of their use of computers in their various works.
- Adopting global educational and training programs and disseminate the culture of international professional certificates and their importance.
- Holding meetings and organizing conferences and workshops, which contribute to the development of electronic learning and distance education.
- Cooperating with the international bodies and organizations and relevant authorities in the field of electronic education and distant learning.