Structure of the Secretariat of Scientific Affairs
In the context of activating the secretariat of scientific affairs and working on developing and in following-up the academic performance in terms of appointment and promotion of faculty members and the modernization of curricula and systems of examinations and admission and registration. The following decision, which is the restructuring of the Scientific Affairs Secretariat, was issued as follows:
1. The Secretary of the Scientific Affairs Secretariat should be responsible to the President of the University in accordance with the provisions of Article (20/1) of the Law of the University of Science and Technology.
2. The assistance frameworks for the Secretary of the Secretariat of Scientific Affairs and it is represented in several departments and sections, are:
The Director of the Admissions Department should be responsible for applying the admission requirements, the number of adopted students to each faculty, and the extracting of cards according to the admission lists at the Ministry, the accreditation of students admitted to the Ministry, And following-up cases of university number and registration.
The head of the registration department should be responsible for registering the students after the first grade according to the lists of the faculty and supervising of the transferring of students from universities and external faculties of the university, and renewal of university number data and follow-up cases of freezing and resignations and special student cases.
Follow-up of the work of the councils and committees:
The head of the follow-up department of the councils and committees should be responsible for following up the work of the scientific council and follow up the implementation of the decisions according to the directives of the secretary of the scientific affairs secretariat. Also, follow up the work of the various committees where the secretary of scientific affairs is involved and preparing all required statistics that help in facilitating the work of the secretariat.
The Head of the Certification Department is responsible for the direct supervision of the revision of the academic certificates, and sending of computerized graduates’ lists for the admissions department, and the follow-up of the computerization of the results and other certificates.
Graduates Affairs Department:
• The Head of the Department of Graduates Affairs should be responsible and representative of the Secretariat at the faculties in the graduation ceremonies in opening channels of communication with the graduates by preparing a Directory of graduates’ sites.
• The above functions are filled as discussed in the restructuring discussion as follows:
• The job of Secretary of the Secretariat of Scientific Affairs is occupied by Dr. Mubarak Bashir Sulaiman in accordance with his current job allocations and has a job of Executive Secretary occupied by Ms. Hosna Hassan with the same ring and allocations and the job of Administrative Services Supervisor and Mr. Ahmed Juma Ibrahim in the same ring and range.
• The job of the Admissions Manager and is occupied by Dr.Madthar Abdul Rahman Ali Jameel in the same ring and range and assisted by the branch staff by its administration.
• The job of the head of the registration section and is filled by Ms. Lamia Ahmed Dafallah in the same ring and range and helped by Head assistant of Department of with the same ring and the range.
• The job of Head of the Department of Councils and Committees and is operated by Ms. Izdihar Ahmed Abdul Rahman in the same ring and range.
• The job of Head of the Certificate Department and is operated by Ms. Nadia Yousef Bakhit in the same ring and range and on behalf of the Secretary of Scientific Affairs.
And assisted by the assistants of the head of the Department of the same episode and allocations are:
• Najat Mustafa Ahmed
• Nada Habib Allah Sulaiman
• Shaima Nasr El Din Mohamed Ali
• Head of the Department of Graduates Affairs and filled by Mr. Metwakel Ibrahim Mohammed in the same ring and range.