College of Pharmacy
Programs & activities of the College:
A lecture delivered on Tuesday 10 March 2015 by Dr. Russel Claire from the Royal College of the UK; the lecture was titled: “Modeling neurodegeneration & epilepsy in zebra fish: a powerful in vivo model for drug discovery”
Some time ago, the College of Pharmacy participated with the Natural Products Research Organization Sudan (NPROS) with the Organization’s premises being the College of Pharmacy. Headed by the Dean of the Pharmacy College Prof. Sami Ahmed Khalid, the Org. cooperated with the Organization of Natural Products Research for Central & East Africa in holding the first international conference in Sudan & the fifteenth for the countries of East & Central Africa in the field of natural products in the region during the period from the 7th to the 12th of December 2013 at the tower of National Telecom Corporation under the logo of:
“Natural Product Discovery – Focus on the Ever Increasing African Health Care Needs”
– the College participated in workshops associated with the first international conference in Sudan & the fifteenth for the countries of Central Africa in the field of natural product research (NAPRECA) during the period from the 3rd to the 5th of December 2013.
– In cooperation with the (NAPRECA), Sudan, the College of Pharmacy held a “One-Day Symposium on Natural Products Research in Sudan – 2nd Meeting” & organized the accompanying exhibition on the 21st of July 2008.
– the College of Pharmacy organized the vital statistics course (Biostatistics) for the interested among the faculty members in the Medical Complex during the period from the 22nd of June to the 6th of July 2008.
– the College of Pharmacy has joined the Union of Arab Universities since the 3rd of October 2006 based on a request presented by the College & dated September 2nd 2006.
– In cooperation with the General Administration of Pharmacy – Federal Ministry of Health, the College held a course for the house-officer pharmacists (Course no. 25/1) during the period from 27 May to 15 June 2006.
The website of the College of Pharmacy:
Within the orientation of the University aimed at activating the pages of its colleges, the website design of the College of Pharmacy has been completed & it belongs – the website – to the website of the University aimed at helping the students & others in scientific & social learning as well as other fields of knowledge.